Wednesday, May 5, 2010

…. Days 5 – TOW Third arrives

Unprecedented and hilarious turn of events. Still looking forward to Whirltour, but days doesn’t end here. Not NOW, for sure!

04/05: 1900 hrs. I am at the mall with first, second and flapso. Flapso is my classmate and we meet up in the evenings and do time pass like we are doing now. Second tells me, “Yaar who to bore ho jayega. Tu bhi nahin rahega aur fir landlord bhi prakat ho jayega naya natak lekar”. Well, we are going to have another room mate who is going to replace me once I leave for the 30 day Whirltour. This guy is also my classmate and if there was one dumbwaiter’s pitch for him, it would be, ‘one crazy SOB’! He is the kind of guy who comes up with a tagline, “mere kok mein tumhara bachha hai” for a 30 second skit on the product Coke. First and second know him only as a fun loving time pass guy, both blissfully ignorant of what lies ahead of them. They seem concerned for him because they genuinely feel that he may get bored and eventually frustrated in this PG and out of genuine courtesy they don’t want that to happen. I don’t know why they never thought like that for me though! As we are savoring the delicacies at Haldiram’s, I get a call from third. He tells me, “I am here. Come down”. First and second are pleased that third has come. Flapso looks at me and gives me the “so, this is it!” look.

04/05: 19:40hrs. Third shakes hand with first. They have met earlier in college. Second comes from behind and pats third hard on his back and says, “Welcome to Gurgaon”. Third looks at him and gives him the, ‘u never hit me hard on my back again’ look and says, “yea?”.

04/05: 2200hrs. We have all had our dinner, dropped Flapso at her place and are on our way back home. Third knows about chik1 and chik2 because that is all first and second spoke about over dinner. I am sure he is not curious, but out of sarcasm he asks, “so is this chik1 hot?” I see a disgusted look on first’s face and second replies, “yea man, absolutely!” First, in his nostalgia, is about to play his backstreet boys songs when he looks at third through the rear view and decides against it. I, in the meanwhile, am loving all this. Third asks, “and what about chik2?” No one replies. Third looks around and senses something that only his weird ass mind can and gives an evil smile.

04/05: 2235hrs. I have just had a bath and have missed an apparently interesting discussion because I hear first telling third about chik1’s visit to Rishikesh and how he should have also gone there. I somehow get the feeling that first shouldn’t be talking too much about chik1 to third. Their discussion has now shifted to how third would reach his office tomorrow and second starts explaining to third his project at work. Third lends a deaf ear and asks me if we could watch the TV. I start looking for the remote as first looks helplessly, realizing that the noiseless nights when he could sleep at peace are going to come to an end, starting in 2 minutes from now. He says, “good night” to which third replies, “yaar, kal main tere saath hi nikloonga. Main bhi to dekhoon yeh chik1 dikhti kaisi hai?”

04/05: 2315hrs. I am still trying to fathom the consequences of what third has just said. I turn on the TV and they are showing sunny’s entry in the movie ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’. Third exclaims loudly in joy, “dude.. this is one of my fav movies.. volume badha”. I say, “why not” as I see first trying to block his ears with the pillow.

No comments: