Tuesday, April 27, 2010

.... Days 2

17/04: 1700hrs. I am getting ready with a big pack of kurkure to watch IPL when first and second come back from breakfast. They say it’s very hot outside and go sit right in front of the AC. First almost smelt the air as if chik1 was sending some aroma from inside. Second looked especially pleased. They had had a 9hr breakfast. I wonder if they had got laid after that. First had stuck himself so close to the ac now that he was almost blocking the air coming out of it. I somehow didn’t want to revolt and change his mood. The match started and I diverted my attention to it. Suddenly, first looked back and exclaimed, “dude, awesome day!”. I could feel the fresh air that wafted from the ac now.


18/04: 0900hrs. I have been long wanting to wake up early on a nice Sunday morning and prepare breakfast and have it while reading the newspaper and listening to some nice music. Today I finally get to do it! I prepare the maggi and put it on a plate. That ways our PG is nice. We have a common kitchen. We just have to bring our own food and utensils. I didn’t have no plates or utensils so I decided to use whatever was kept there. Not that anyone would care… or so I thought. I make the maggi, happily put it on a plate and turn around to see the huge woman right behind me! “kya kar rahe ho?”, she beamed. I was quietly going to put the plate back, apologize and leave when she said, “mereko batate to bana deti”. I said, “nahin theek hai”, lifted the plate back and maneuvered around her to reach the stairs. I wished if I could pay her a few more to keep the hell out of the house in my presence and then for a second wondered in fright if that came out loud. But she was already washing the utensils. In 2 min, I was in the balcony with my maggi, newspaper and ipod.


18/04: 2100hrs. First has been over the phone for the past one hour and I am beginning to wonder and am actually sure that he has hit it with chik1. Not that I am bothered but am suddenly curious. I ask second and he says he doesn’t know. But his eyes gleam at the prospect of finding out who it is. He says he has chik2’s number and will call her, strike a conversation and very smartly find out in the process. I am not very hopeful of this and am thinking if all this is required when I hear second say, “hello?”


18/04: 2145 hrs. Second has still not hung up and first has probably forgotten that he is on a call. I now know second and chik2 are chatting but am still wondering what’s up with first. So I decide to call up chik1 and just see if her phone is engaged or not. If it is, then its obvious she is with first, else I will just disconnect. I call her and Bingo! Her phone is engaged. I am all excited and happy for first. I plan where we would have dinner tomorrow because I sure can coax him into taking us out for a nice dinner for having chatted with his chik for two hours. all i cared about was some good free food! First comes in, looking pleased and I smile back at him. “Saale bahut khush hai, baat ban gayi!?” first says, “haan yaar, finally!” I tell him to take us out for dinner tom and he says that there is still a lot of convincing required. well, ok, the dinner can always wait. We go to bed and I turn off the lights. I am wondering how in a matter of days, first had managed to impress chik1 when he says, “yaar, par yeh phone pe do ghante customer survey karne ka bill mera baap bharega ki company?” Suddenly as if it dawned on me the lights are also turned on and I see that second just came into the room after having an hour long chat with chik2. I am speechless but I find words to ask second if he had asked chik2 the question that he was ‘smartly’ supposed to ask to which he replies, “kaunsa sawal?”

No comments: