Wednesday, April 28, 2010

.... Days 3

19/04: 1000hrs. I hate Mondays!


20/04: 1100hrs. I am jobless and am chatting on gtalk, which according to me is the single most awesomely awesome invention by man. Not only do u waste ur own time, but also others’. I was so kicked on day 1 when I was looking forward to making an impact at work and walking away with a PPO at the end of two months. (for all those who don’t kno, PPO is the permanent job offer that companies give you for outstanding work during your internship. Or that’s what I think). I am now bored and I look around for something interesting. C’mon, we all do that! I see the two hot chiks around my cube. They are freshers and are still on probation… (I kno that by eavesdropping J). They are, by the way, also boiling hot and my only source of happiness on such dull days But I have not spoken to them…. not yet. I say, “enough is enough.” Why should I be the one who is left out… and I turn my chair toward one of them when I see my boss come up to me and ask for the report on the inverter survey that I had done last week. I tell her it will be at her desk in 10 minutes and get back to work. I take the print out and drop it at her desk wondering what she would have to say about it. My first report and technically the beginning of my pathway to a PPO. Actually, she is extremely unnerving and must have been equally jobless today for having had the time to come up to me and ask me something about my work on the inverter market. I am tired having done all this and I go up to first and ask him to join me for tea. We see another chik, also an intern from some other college, speaking very nicely to her boss and almost leaning on him in the process. First looks at me and says, “dekh saale. Tereko kya lagta hai.. inverter ki survey karke ppo milega tereko?” I sip at the stupid tea and look at my reflection on the glass in front of us.. “doesn’t help at all!”

20/04: 2200hrs. First is pissed. “yaar, apna paida hone ka gender aur generation.. dono galat hai! Is generation mein ladkiyon ka demand bahut badh gaya hai aur apna gender male hai” I offer him some hajmola and ask him what happened. In my 6 days of stay with him I have realized that he can be placated with two things: 1) hajmola 2) paneer butter masala. He says that he had gone to Delhi with chik1, post lunch, to do some survey on refrigerators. Apparently after 20 minutes of unsuccessful deliberation with the salesmen in one of the stores, he could see chik1 being attended to by the manager himself, getting all the attention that she needed to get the survey done. First on the other hand had been blatantly asked, “sir, aapne fridge lena hai ki nahin? Tab se poonche ja rahe ho?!” on getting back to work and reporting their survey, chik1 had been praised for her “in-depth” analysis of the retailer’s mind and first had been asked to buck up. Second, meanwhile got a call from chik2 and he disappeared into the balcony. I switched off the light, not bothering to take some hajmola from first, and went to sleep.


21/04: 0900hrs. I find myself in the front seat of first’s car and waiting outside chik1&2’s PG for them to come. This is ridiculous, I think to myself. Finally they come and we find out that chik2 had fallen on the stairs and had hurt her bum. I feel sorry for the stairs and wonder why females wear such high heels anyways. On top of that chik2 looks a good foot taller than second with those heels! Maybe that’s why they talk only over the phone. It’s apparent that first is abnormally silent. He is responding in monosyllables to chik1’s questions of yesterday’s survey and how they are going to go about it today. I think some girls have this unbelievable ability to find out that you are pissed and they practically do everything in their ability to piss u further. But guy’s don’t care as long as they are not pissed. First is right.. wrong generation! I can’t wait to get to my seat and look at the two hotties.


21/04: 1100hrs. I am chatting on gtalk when I hear a sweet little "hi" from behind. I turn around to see hot1 and she introduces herself asking me about my credentials, as if trying to judge whether se should be talking to me or not. Then she asks me if we could go have coffee. I just get up. We go up to this vending machine and she asks the guy there, “bhaiyya, do coffee bana do please”. hot1 is the kind of hottie who prolly gives ppl heartbreaks every time she uses the word ‘bhaiyya’ on them. I could see the change in facial expression in the vending guys face in a matter of seconds from when she arrived at the machine to when she used the lethal word on him. As I am about to sip at the coffee, my boss walks past me and asks me to come to her cubicle immediately. “it’s urgent!” I look at her and apologise for having to leave. She tells me, “it’s ok, I ll see you around.” I curse my rotten luck and my boss as leave. From the corner of my eye I can see the bloody vending guy smiling at me.

1 comment:

sushant said...

Aage kya hua...Baat hui fir Hot1 se? Waiting for the next episode of the daily soap..