Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Days

13/04 : I reach the PG where I am supposed to stay for the next two months with 2 other guys from my coll. I am praying that they are cool and are going to make my stay interesting and fun. One of the “two other guys” comes down to greet me. His t-shirt says, “I give an aspirin a headache”. Incidentally… my t-shirt just said, “ok!”

14/04: I wake up at 7:30am .. yes 0730hrs. cause: loud bangs on my door. The second of the “two other guys” probably has arrived.. “with a bang”!. First is still asleep.. unperturbed by the bangs. I think he is dead.. had to be, because the bangs were insanely loud! But I decide to open the door first and check after. Bad news all over!!! The second guy has arrived and he calls the first guy who wakes up! They start chatting excitedly about second’s travel from Ludhiana to Gurgaon, visibly unappreciative of my presence. I go back to sleep.

14/04: 1145 hrs. I wake up. Happy with the sleep I had. Happiness lasts only about 23 seconds. Loud bangs again! First and second say they are too lazy and chuckle about it, testing each other’s patience AND mine too. Bangs, meanwhile, get louder also testing the wooden door’s metal. I wilt. I open the door and a huge woman beams at me.. “kapden”! The kind of violence her eyes spat at me, I was going to strip when I heard first say.. “haan bai, kapden bathroom mein ek baalti mein rakhen hue hai. Dho dijiye”. With a sigh of relief, I get back to bed.

15/04: Big day. Evident because I am ready and dressed like a newly wed at 0800 hrs. First day of my internship. Me, first and second leave together in first’s car and reach office at 0830hrs. Both of them are also dressed well and are visibly more excited. There are 4 more interns at work with us. Two chicks and two guys. First falls in love, at first sight, with one of the two chicks. He keeps looking at her like that is his summer project. Intense and unflinching. We are all taken to a meeting room. First desperately tries and gets a seat next to chik1. His intensity stays and he keeps looking. Sorry.. staring. However, surprisingly, chik1 has not noticed this yet. Or probably she has, but has not bothered to care. First, I have to admit, even his meanest or most violent avatar looks innocuous. Chik1 seems happy and is beaming. And then, all of a sudden, their eyes meet.

16/04: second is cribbing about the fact that he never gets hot chiks around him. First in lost in another world of his own and lends a deaf ear. I am happy that it’s a Friday. Yday, the two chiks had asked first for a lift to work in the morning. For first, it was like a wedding gift, in advance, from heaven. We reach the predetermined point of pickup and chik1 is standing there, well dressed, with chik2. First plays, ‘quit playing games with my heart’ by Backstreet Boys and opens the door for his love. Chik1 gracefully enters as first stares with bated breath. Chik2 follows and comments that it’s a ridiculous song. I get the feeling that first is going to kick her fat arse out of his car when chick1 rogers her thought and says that she hates such mushy songs. Second, in an attempt to win over either of them, says he also hates such songs and chuckles while saying that first loves them. First is damn pissed. We reach office, 5km from there, in less than 3 min and it’s like a roller coaster ride. I am scared out of my wits and so are all the rest. Suddenly chik1 exclaims, “now that’s what I call driving!”. And then all of a sudden, their eyes meet.. again!

17/04: I am sleeping when I smell something really nice. I don’t know what it is and am wating to find out. Suddenly there are loud bangs! I open my eyes and I hear the bangs again. Thankfully the nice smell is also there. I see first spraying himself with some perfume. Forehead, neck, armpits, chest, abdomen, soles and finally, his socks. He sprays all of them with it and its methodical too... as if it’s a formula to woo chik1. The banging, however, continues and first finally opens the door and the huge woman enters again and disappears into the bathroom. I had to pee but she closes the door in front of my eyes. M too scared to revolt. First says to second that he is going to meet chick1 for breakfast. Second asks if chick2 would be there. They call to find out and then both of them leave to take the chicks out for breakfast. The door closes behind me and I am left in the room with a huge woman and desperate to pee.

And then, like they say.. the rest is present.

No comments: